Last week we released a significant update to our comparative Web Content Management vendor reviews. There's a lot to conclude here about what's going on in the marketplace, but for now, I'll just summarize some of the new info from our revised evaluations:
- Adobe CQ: Not yet very Adobified (but do you care?)
- Alfresco: On-again off-again love affair with WCM continues...
- Autonomy: On a clear day you can still see Interwoven
- DotNetNuke: In the midst of a long modernization program
- Ektron: Still marching to its own drummer
- eZ Publish: No, it hasn't gone away...
- Kentico: Features are shallow, but so is the price
- MS SharePoint: For WCM, an expensive development platform
If your organization is a Web CMS stream subscriber, you can access the updated evaluation chapters and comparison matrices here.
If you have never seen our WCM research, you can obtain a sample excerpt here.