We've been fascinated at RSG about the degree of Email and Marketing Automation ("ESP" and "MAP," a.k.a., Outbound Marketing Platforms) replacement going on this year. It turns out the established players are saddled with a surprising amount of technical debt, while a younger crop of (mostly) CDP-friendly alternatives are maturing into adulthood.
Against this backdrop, we've recently updated several key vendor evaluations in RSG's tough-minded reviews of this space. One headline is adding Klaviyo, in the news this week for it's $9.2B-valuation IPO after a decade of successfully hitching a ride on SMB ecommerce vendor Shopify's rocketship.
Also updated this month:
- Adobe, continuing to back away from the family black sheep that is Campaign
- Braze, can we say ever-more "brazen," at least in their claims?
- Marigold, the vendor formerly known as Selligent isn't much changed
- MessageGears, trying to adapt a novel architecture to a CDP-centered world...
- Oracle, gamely still investing in the beast called Eloqua
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud, getting ever bigger but not actually better
RSG subscribers to this stream can peruse and download the new updates immediately and as always, can assess how these marketplace shifts affect your firm specifically via our unique "RealQuadrant" short-list generator tool.
If you do not yet subscribe to these evaluations, you can check out a free sample first.