Train and metro networks around the world are perpetually under construction, with new lines getting added regularly and existing ones getting a makeover. We are also adding a new line called "Digital Marketing" to our own Vendor Map.
As I noted in this blog post, Digital Marketing can cover a panoply of different tools and technologies for Marketers. In our new research, we will cover vendors that focus on the following aspects of Digital Marketing:
- Lead Management (Including lead acquisition, contact management, qualification, scoring, routing, nurturing, and analytics)
- Multi-Channel Campaigns (Includes campaign creation, distributing campaigns, campaign interaction, tracking and analytics)
- Landing Page Management (A/B and multi-variate testing, templates, micro sites and WCM integration)
- Social Media Integration and Marketing (Social logins, social graph integration, etc.)
- Social Media Monitoring and Intelligence (Data collection, procession, analysis and presentation)
For each of these broad categories, we will further drill down and provide detailed evaluations.
As with our other research streams, we have categorized the marketplace based on the current state of tools and their focus areas. This categorization will evolve over time but for now, we will have the following categories:
- Major Suites and Platforms
- Minor Suites
- Lead Management focused tools
- Campaign focused tools
- Social Media Monitoring and Intelligence tools
- Landing Page and Optimization oriented tools
For the first version of the report, here's a tentative list of vendors we plan to cover:
- Collective Intellect
- Radian6 / SFDC
- Visible Technologies
As I said, this is all tentative right now and subject to change. If you are a user of any of these or other similar tools, we'd love to chat with you. I'd also welcome your feedback about our categorization, or if there's anything we should add to the evaluations. Please email me, leave a comment below, or tweet me.