RSG has just released our 2017 Marketplace Analysis for Enterprise Collaboration & Social Software. This paper — available to research subscribers — analyzes of the comparative risks and opportunities for each vendor via RSG's "Reality Check" chart.
RSG Reality Check for Enterprise Collaboration and Social Software (Click to enlarge)
- The marketplace saw both growing maturity of existing products as well as the the entry of newer players in 2016
- Enterprises are still discovering unmet and newer requirements (e.g., group chat) in this space
- Vendors are responding with new business and delivery models, highlighted most notably by Microsoft, which now takes a cloud-first approach to enterprise collaboration (that most of its peers are mimicking)
- There is an acknowledged need to improve employee digital experiences but little consensus on core functionality or user experience design patterns
- Vendors continue to experiment and innovate in both cases; as a customer, you have more choices than ever.
Subscribers can log in to download the briefing right away.
Not a subscriber and want to sample RSG's evaluation research first? Sure, try it out here.