An all too common theme we've been seeing across recent Real Story Group surveys is a lack of internal capacity to execute digital transformation projects.
- Enterprise Social-Collaboration: Only 33% of enterprises report sufficient executive buy-in, and a scant 21% have achieved successful user adoption
- Web Content & Experience Management: Only 15% of enterprises report adequate staffing and development resources for their WCM programs
- Marketing Technology: Half of all of enterprises face digital marketing talent shortages
RSG surveys similarly report a chronic lack of digital maturity, but also suggest is a strong upside for organizations that pursue maturity models:
- Enterprise Content Management: 62% of enterprises scored themselves with a “1” or “2” on a five-point scale measuring their ECM maturity
- Digital & Marketing Asset Management: Customer projects are 15% more likely to complete on time and 50% more likely to stay on budget when employing the DAM Maturity Model
Just last week, we launched RealScore™ to provide digital leaders with a sophisticated tool to measure their staffing, processes, and their incumbent systems' effectiveness. The service can be tried free-of-charge.
Fig 1. Sample deliverables from the RealScore application.
Real Story Group subscribers can benchmark against their peers within and across industry sectors. The application generates PowerPoint and other deliverables that can be shared to reveal just where — and how — an enterprise should improve.
Give it a try, get your RealScore, and let us know what you think!