It's that time of year for our team of Real Story Group analysts to reveal our 2016 predictions for the technology world.
Since we're only looking one year ahead, our predictions tend to be slimmer on long-term vision and more geared towards near-term trends that may have a practical bearing on your team.
You will recognize many of these predictions as trends already underway. However, we see 2016 as a tipping point in several cases, most notably around mobile and cloud-based workplace technology.
Here's RSG's 2016 technology predictions:
1. Creative Operations Management Breaks Through
2. Cloud WCM: from PaaS to IaaS
3. Wearables Gain Traction
4. Mobile-First Finally Arrives
5. Content Marketing Becomes a Standard Feature
6. Social Monitoring Goes Vertical
7. Major DAM Players Flail
8. Moment of Truth for Box
9. SharePoint 2016 On-Premise Adoption Lag
10. Say Hello to the “Chief Digital Workplace Officer”
11. SaaS Becomes the Default Model for Social-Collaboration Tech
12. Office 365 User Shock
Real Story Group subscribers can download the full 2016 Digital Workplace & Marketing Technology Predictions Briefing that describes these trends (and how you should prepare and respond) in more detail.
Not yet a subscriber? Join our public webinar describing the predictions, this Wednesday, 09 December, at 12:00 pm ET / 17:00 UTC.