2015 Digital Workplace and Marketing Technology Predictions
It's that time of year for our team of Real Story Group analysts to reveal our 2015 predictions, where we try to predict what the future holds in the technology world.
Predicting the future is always a bit precarious. We all want to peer forward, but in the real world, there are no magic crystal balls. In the list below, we identify ten trends that RSG thinks will happen in 2015. As such, they tend to be less “futuristic,” but ideally more practical.
As always, there’s a fine line between prediction and aspiration; in some cases below, we cite some trends that we might wish will happen.
This is our ninth year in a row doing this humbling exercise. If you'd like to see how we've done previously, you can view past predictions here: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, and 2007.
Here's RSG's 2015 technology predictions:
1. DAM Vendors Will Roll out DAM Lite
2. Hybrid ECM Will Come of Age
3. HR Will Rejoin the Digital Workplace Conversation
4. Enterprise Social – Hype around Unified Enterprise Messaging
5. Digital Workplace Will Say “Hello” to Analytics and Big Data
6. A SharePoint 2016 Yawn
7. Marketing Virtual Data Warehouses Will Go Mainstream
8. Drupal Split Will Characterize WCM Market Bifurcation
9. Enterprise Mobile: Apps Will Get Unbundled
10. Connected Devices Will Become a More Ubiquitous Channel
Real Story Group subscribers can download the full Advisory Paper that describes these trends (and how you should prepare and respond) in more detail.